To write a college essay, you will have to select a topic idea. After selecting this topic idea, you will have to gather data. The specific procedures or techniques that are helpful to identify, process and analyze the information relevant to a topic idea is known as a research methodology. We should try to select a suitable research methodology to gather the data for a college essay. The research methodology should ensure the overall validity and credibility of the information. While selecting the suitable research methodology to gather the data for your college essay. Therefore, you should keep in mind two essential things. First, you should try to know how to collect or generate the data. Secondly, you should also try to know how to analyze the collected data with help of essay writing services.
Qualitative Research Method
To gather the data for your college essays, you can use various research methodologies. These research methodologies are divided into two categories. The first category is known as a qualitative research methodology. The process of collecting and analyzing non-numerical data is known as a qualitative research methodology. We can use the qualitative research methodology to understand different concepts, experiences and opinions. If you have to gather in-depth insight into a problem, you will have to gather the data by using a qualitative research methodology. It is also the best research technique to generate new ideas.
Methods to Gather Qualitative Research Data
The students can use various methods to gather the data by using qualitative research methodology. These methods are explained below;
- Sometimes, you are asked to write college essays based on your experiences. Under such a situation, you can gather the data by using observations.
- If you have to explain the views of a specific person in your essay, you will have to interview him. The interview is the best research method to gather in-depth information from an opponent in a one-on-one conversation.
- You can also gather enough data for your college essays by using a focus group. By using this research methodology, you will have to ask questions from the people and try to get the answers to these questions.
- The students can also use surveys to gather the views of the people relevant to a specific problem. With the help of these surveys, they can ask open-ended questions from the people.
After gathering the data by using qualitative research methodology, you will have to analyze the data. To analyze the data, you can follow various tips. First of all, you will have to prepare and organize the data. Secondly, you will have to examine the patterns of the gathered data. Thirdly, you will have to develop a data coding system. At last, you will have to assign codes to the data.
Quantitative Research Method
The second research methodology that you can use to gather the data for your college essay is a quantitative research method. The process of collecting and analyzing numerical data is known as a quantitative research method. It is the best research methodology to find the patterns of the data. After finding the patterns of the data, you can make predictions about the data. After generating the results from the data, you can generalize these results to the wider population. If you are going to write a college essay relevant to natural and social sciences, it is the best research methodology.
Methods to Gather Quantitative Research Data
Some essential quantitative research techniques to gather the data for your college essay are given below;
- If you want to write a college essay just by describing the overall summary of the study variables, descriptive research is the best choice for them.
- Sometimes, the students have to investigate the relationship between different study variables. Under such a situation, the correlation research methodology is the best choice for you.
- If you will have to explain the cause and effect relationship between different variables of the data, you can use the experimental research methodology to gather the data.
- Some students have to explain the effect of one variable over the other variable in the college essay. They can conduct experiments to gather the data for their essays.
After collecting the data for your college essay, you will have to analyze it. By using quantitative research methods, you can transfer the data from words to numbers. If you will use a quantitative research methodology to gather the data for your college essay, therefore you can enjoy lots of benefits. It is the best way to replicate the standard data collection methods. You can also use this methodology to compare the direct results of the data. It is also the best research methodology to process and analyze the data from large samples. Therefore, you can also use it for hypothesis testing. You might also like to read common confused words in english.